Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Saturday, September 18, 2010

movies to grieve by !

Feeling pretty depressed and unloved today. I am not sure why! Perhaps it is because my son is here to "see me" but is really out all day with his cousin.... he just needed my car apparantly ! He left this morning while I was at jazzercise and has been out all day. I hate being housebound. After all the laundry and cleaning is done, and I finished my book, I didn't know what to do with myself. Decided to take a walk and found myself at the cemetary talking to my husband's grave. Not exactly a cure for depression. I did thank Todd for loving me for all those years, and that felt good.

I thought maybe I would go bug Mr. Blind for a while, because I didn't get to spend time with him yesterday since my son was here, but he is busy watching a "Breaking Bad" marathon. So, I'm not as important to him as a tv program ? Not a good sign !

Instead of having a good time going out, I am sitting home watching Bridget Jones' Diary, which is not a good thing to watch if you are feeling sorry for yourself. The whole opening scene with Bridget lip-synching "all by myself" was way too familiar. Besides, it made me want a drink quite badly ! Okay, I did pour myself a glass of wine, but it was after 5:00. Quite a good glass of wine in fact; Overture, which was luckily left here after the party my sister threw last week at my house for her husband and her friends. Amazingly, Overture red wine goes quite well with pumpernickel pretzel sticks and pub cheese, but don't tell the wine maker. I am sure he would be appalled with that pairing !

What other movies shall I watch, to put myself into a depression coma? How about Steel Magnolias. That's a real tear jerker. Maybe Love Story ? or Philadelphia ? I've never seen Dr. Zhivago, but that's depressing too, isn't it ? I could really work myself into a nice puddle of depression if I can download them all on the instant netflix queue !

No comments:

Post a Comment