Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where to start looking

Now that this dating thing is in my head I wondered, where do you start looking....

I met a woman in the Las Vegas airport who was my age and single, and my mom asked her about dating in this day and age. Once we assured her I wasn't interested in HER -- ( thanks for that misunderstanding, mom) -- she said in her experience the dating websites are full of men who are either diseased or married, and/or looking for one-night stands. So, if the dating websites are out, where do you start looking ?

Church ? I guess that would be okay.... but watch out for the priest!

Community Education Classes ? Perhaps. You might meet someone with the same interests as you.

Bars ? No thanks. Not in this small town.... and especially since my son and his friends are all 21. In the old days when I would be out with someone at a bar, it was only a matter of time before some town busy body called my parents to report. Now I have to worry about my son's friends?

Work ? They say never to date someone you work with, which wouldn't be too hard for me since I work out of my home for a company based in Hong Kong. Not much chance of meeting anyone.

I think this is how Munchausen's disease came about. Women out on the prowl for a nice doctor to date. When all other options fail, make up a disease. You never know..... it just might work !

No comments:

Post a Comment