Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Drawer !

While Mr. Blind and I were walking around Target today, he asked if he could have a drawer in my room where he could keep a few things for when he stays over. A reasonable request but I've got to tell you, it totally sent me into a spin. #1, my house was built way back when a person had one sandal that they would pass from foot to foot when they wanted to wear shoes, and had one dress for the weekdays and one for church day ! Space is at a premium, and I am jealous of my space. I am not sure I want to share ! #2, am I ready for someone to keep his stuff at my house ? He does stay over a lot, and he carries his dirty clothes to work with him in his back pack when he goes straight from my house to work in the mornings, but having a dedicated drawer makes it seem permanent. This scares the crap out of me, because if he moves things in, then he can move them out again ! Am I emotionally ready for this ? Of course I reacted like a deer caught in the headlights, and the only thing I could think of to say was, "I didn't' know if you were staying of not, so I didn't offer a drawer." LAME and RUDE all at the same time ! So then I tried to cover by saying I didn't know which drawer to give him, and he suggested my pajama drawer because I have "300 pairs of pajamas." True, but beside the point. I love pajamas and where would I put them if I took them out of the drawer ?
Now I have a dilemma, and I can't stop thinking about it. I am going to go in my room and stare at the drawers, and see if an answer comes to me.

2 comments:

  1. You know, you don't have to say "yes." In fact, it might be a little presumptuous of him to ask—you two haven't even hit the three month mark (I checked). Mary wouldn't even let me walk her dog alone for the first six months. If it doesn't feel right, chill and give it more time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Domini,
    Julia just told me about your site.I couldn't stop reading it until I had read every single word.
    I laughed and I cried and I'm still crying and maybe laughing too.
    You are so funny!!!!!!
    No, don't stop writing. You are so good at it.

    You made me feel so blessed all over again.
    Hugs,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete