Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me !

Today is my 49th birthday.... last year of the 40s. WOW. I can't believe it. My husband died when he was 49-years-old. WAY TOO YOUNG.

Yesterday we had a wonderful family brunch to celebrate. Max couldn't make it, but everyone else was there and we had a whole lot of fun. Brunch really is the perfect meal. You can have yummy food, and still have the whole day to do other things. Plus you don't feel like an overstuffed pig when you go to bed from eating too much dinner !

Tonight I am going out with Mr. Blind, who is treating me to a birthday dinner. I get to pick the restaurant. In Sonoma, most restaurants are closed on Mondays so that makes my choice easier ! Traditionally Todd always took me to my favorite Italian restaurant in Sonoma, The Depot, for my birthday each year. I know the food is good there, and I know they are open on Mondays, but I really don't think I can go there this year to celebrate with Mr. Blind. It is just a little too emotional for me. I will have to find someplace new and start a new tradition. I am actually looking forward to it.
I'll let you all know how it goes !

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you Dom! Party likes its 1999. (Remember when that used to be in the future?) :)

    ReplyDelete