Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No Lights, Big City

The first night in the big city, and I get a call at 10:30p.m. that when Max plugged in his lamp, the fuse blew and he was left in the dark ! The call was to see if he was supposed to try to flip the switches in the fuse box. YES. Didn't work. An exciting first night ! The landlord came today to replace the fuse. He brought extras with him, smart man, and showed Max how to replace them. After he took care of things, the landlord wrote me an e-mail to tell me that Max was doing well, seemed settled in, and that Max told him he was "enjoying every minute" of apartment life. Imagine a landlord writing to me to let me know all is okay. What a nice man !

I am kind of enjoying myself too! I am sipping a glass of wine. Josie and the Pussycats is about to come on tv. No one is coming in to change the channel. The dogs are resting on their new clean beds. Who knew things could be so relaxing ?

Oh, and did I mention I have a date ? The blind date guy, who will be hereafter referred to as "Mr. Blind" called to ask me out on Saturday for dinner and a movie! Guess what..... I said yes !
I can't believe it myself. He's going to pick the movie, I'm going to pick the restaurant. I'll update after the date. Let's see what movie he picks ! I want to see Shutter Island, but he'll probably pick something he thinks I would like to see, like Valentine's Day or Alice in Wonderland. Okay, I do want to see Alice, but I am going to that on Sunday for my God daughter's 12th birthday.
The other part of this is that I am supposed to be going out with Chemistry.com man later this week, but he hasn't written yet to let me know a specific day....... maybe I'll be busy. He should have booked in advance ! ha ha ha. I really thought there was potential there.
I may actually have to get an engagement calendar !

No comments:

Post a Comment