Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Monday, March 1, 2010

the Blind leading the date

Went on a blind date over the weekend ! Actually it was a "meet a friend of mine, it's not a date" kind of blind date, but he did call later and ask for my telephone number. That's progress.
It was actually a pretty good evening. The blind guy was very nice, but wouldn't tell me what he did for a living, and has two ex-wives. Are we sensing some red flags here, perhaps? I think I have to learn a lot more about him.

I spent the entire weekend helping my kids move to their wonderful new digs in SF. I can't wait to go spend the weekend there, if they'll let me. It's a quiet night here alone.... just me and the dogs and the cat. Messy but quiet. I have alot of cleaning to do. I was under the impression that if the kids rooms got messy enough they would be so grossed out that they would clean them. Color me wrong ! Now they've moved out and I can finally go in with lysol, rubber gloves, and a ten foot pole and start the battle against the grime !

No comments:

Post a Comment