Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Friday, February 19, 2010

A First Date !

I went on a date this morning ! I actually met someone I met on chemistry.com for a cup of coffee, and yes, it was JUST a cup of coffee. Actually, he had cold tea but assured me he wasn't Mormon !
I am happy to say that it was not bad at all. In fact, I think he is a really nice man and I could be friends with him. He has two late-20s aged kids, and 3 grandchildren, owns his own company and liked to talk about himself (typical man!)

I wasn't sure how to set up the meeting. Do I do the flower in a book thing like in "You've Got Mail" or do a wear a bow in my hair (God forbid.) I just left it at,
"meet you at 9:30 at EDK." He wrote back and said "I'll be the one wearing the big smile!" Can I get a collective AWWWWWWWW.

When we met he asked me how online dating was going, and I told him that I have decided that most of the men on the site are going through a mid-life crisis, and I am NOT who they are looking for ( he agreed! ). I said I was more like who they left at home when they had their midlife crisis. He laughed and said that wasn't true at all. Okay , points for me for humor and points for him for laughing and saying it wasn't true.

When I got home I sent him a little "nice meeting you" e-mail..... I am polite that way ! He wrote back and said I was beautiful inside and out, and he would love to see me again. God, he gives good e-mail !!!

1 comment: