Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thank you for your coming

I was getting a mani/pedi yesterday and the sign above the door of the shop said,
"thank you for your coming." After I stopped laughing, thinking of the places you could use this phrase besides a nail salon.....it dawned on me that we could use a lot more politeness in the world.

When was the last time someone in a store, in your job, on-line or even in your own home said thank you in a truly sincere manner? I know I am guilty of being short with people, especially if I'm tired or have too many things on my mind. I have been watching and learning from my daughter just how to behave. She is so extremely polite to people in department stores, clubs, grocery stores, etc. I hope to be like her some day.

Speaking of politeness, Mr "cup of coffee" was extremely curt over the internet and so I told him that No, I did not want to meet him. Of course, I tried to be polite and let him down easily instead of saying that he sounded scary and mean. I told him I just wasn't ready to date yet. His response..."Whatever. Take your profile off this site then!!!!!!" Yes, all the exclamation points were his.
I think I dodged a bullet there.

No comments:

Post a Comment