Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's in a name?

I've been thinking about my post name on a certain dating site. My first name was domadams..... my name is Domini, my grandmother was an Adams. Seemed reasonable to me. I got all sorts of "looks", "winks" and "messages" using this name.
Does anyone else see that when you look at it closely it says "do madams?"
Neither did I, at least not for a week or two. Once I realized I quickly changed it to "sweetnsmart." No hits. No interest. No action. I was only interesting with "do madams!" How depressing is that ?

I told my cousin about it, and she said that the worst two words to use in a post name on a dating site are "sweet" and "smart." Terrific. I picked both ! It's like saying you have a "good personality." Dating kryptonite.

So where do you find a good post name? Is it a favorite food ? I don't think "twice baked potato" gives the right image, do you ? I already have to put that my body type is "curvy." Don't want to push it too far.
How about a favorite song? - Hallelujah doesn't cut it, and I'm not sure how to spell it. Favorite book ? The Drifters ? Nope.
We looked around the store we were in, and found a cookbook title we thought might work: "Cooking for two." It says "I can cook." It says,"I want to cook for you." Oops, it also could be construed as me being pregnant. Scratch that one.
One of my client's suggested "Italianlover." Ummmm, that's a big NO.

Guess I'll have to keep trying....

No comments:

Post a Comment