Welcome to my crazy world ! I am a 49-year-old widow who did not ask to be back in the dating world, but have had it thrust upon me. My son doesn't want me to date, but says I should find a "nice old widow lady to hang out with!" Some days I think that would be easier!



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

not your kind of dancing

He hasn't called yet, and I hate that I am checking the computer for an e-mail every day. I really shouldn't care if he calls again or not. If it was meant to be, it was meant to be. What I should look on the whole experience as is getting the first date over with. AARRGGHHH.
I did buy tickets to Earth, Wind and Fire at the Sonoma Jazz Festival, and there is an extra ticket just in case I meet someone I want to invite. I guess that's a step in the positive direction !

So Lisa and I were at Cheesecake factory last week having lunch and this old (my age), short, greasy, troll-like waiter came and brought our food. He said he was having a good day because he was going dancing after work. To be polite I asked him what type of dancing. He looked at me and said "not your type of dancing......her type of dancing" and sidled up to my 19-year-old. "Club dancing" he said to Lisa, with a little wink. WTF !!!!! Number one, what the hell does he perceive as my kind of dancing? The Waltz ? The Foxtrot? The Funky Chicken ?
And what is he doing flirting with my little girl? Did he really think Lisa was going to push aside her avacado rolls and start dancing in the aisles with him ? It's like when men yell things out of the car window. What are you going to do, chase them to the next stop sign and hop in their car because they are SO SEXY to have been shouting suggestive comments as they drove by. Oh, just what I'm looking for, a loudmouth in a pick-up truck !
The waiter left and Lisa and I looked at each other in stunned silence and said, "did that just happen?" Both of us were horrified.

The dating world isn't easy for a 48-year-old but it isn't easy for a tall, blonde
19-year-old either. That should make me feel better, but it really doesn't. It is really just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment